Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book Review - Watched by Cindy M. Hogan

It takes more than a school trip to Washington, D.C. to change fifteen-year-old Christy's life. It takes murder.
A witness to the brutal slaying of a Senator's aide, Christy finds herself watched not only by the killers and the FBI, but also by two hot boys.
She discovers that if she can't help the FBI, who want to protect her, it will cost her and her new friends their lives.

(Sorry for the lack of cover image. Blogger will just not load photos for me at the moment!)

I actually hadn't read the blurb for this book before I started reading it. I won it in a competition and loaded it onto my kindle without a second thought. It's actually taken months to get to the book, but I'm really glad I got there. This was a great read and because I hadn't read the blurb, the first few pages were filled with unexpected surprises. It took me a while to believe what I was reading!

I ended up liking Christy a lot by the end of the novel. She is very genuine and I totally related to some of her awkward emotions. 

There is a love triangle going on in this book. Usually I immediately lean towards one love interest, but I found myself wavering between the two guys throughout the entire book. I didn't know who I wanted her to end up with. I think Hogan did a fantastic job of capturing the emotions of a teen who really likes both parties equally. 

The suspense in the book is well done and kept me turning pages. As soon as I finished, I immediately went online and downloaded the next book - Protected. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens.

If you enjoy books with great characters and good suspense then add Watched to your reading list.

4.5 stars from me.

MP

Watched can be purchased both digitally and in paperback through Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment