Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Betwixt by Melissa Pearl - New Release

As many of you may have already seen, Betwixt is now available for purchase!! Yay!!

In keeping with the new feel of this blog (check out post: It's Time To Make Some Changes), I thought I'd kick things off with Betwixt. Perfect timing, right :)

Rather than just giving you all the normal run down on Betwixt, which many have already seen, I am actually going to answer a question put forward by one of the blog readers instead.

How do you think your childhood influenced your writing, if at all?
"I was raised in a very happy home. We did travel a lot and live around the world and I was quite a shy child, so this did make it challenging for me. In saying that, it was also good for me to see so many different cultures and be pushed out of my comfort zone. 

When I look back, one thing that has influenced my writing hugely is the fact I became a very good observer. I would often stand quietly with my parents and brother just watching... always watching. I used to love studying people (I still do). This has helped my writing so much. I was able to see different cultures first hand, understand how people react to each other differently... understand that people are different. It gave me a healthy respect and I feel as though I can include so much of this in my writing.

I have witnessed pain, poverty, desperation, loud celebrations, mob mentality... I have heard so many different accents, watched how people greet and respond to each other in a myriad of ways.

I can bring all of these observations to the writing table and I think it helps me create rich, complex characters that people can relate to."

Thank you so much for submitting this question, Paddy.

Betwixt is filled with characters that have been made complex by the harsh realities of life. It is a story I hope touches the heart and gives everyone a glimpse of the power of unconditional love.

If you would like to purchase a copy, it is available through Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Smashwords. It will soon also be available on Barnes & Noble, Apple, Sony and Kobo.

For every copy sold, $1 is being donated to Love146 - an organisation fighting against child trafficking and exploitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment