Monday, May 20, 2013

Series Highlight - The Watched Series by Cindy. M. Hogan

I read this series a few months ago and really enjoyed it. As soon as I finished the last book, I invited Cindy to come to YAlicious and tell us a little about the series, plus give us a run down on what else she's been working on.

Thanks so much for joining us, Cindy.

When I first started Watched, I had no idea it would become a three year project. You see, I had no idea what I was doing, I just knew that this Christy character was screaming in my ear that I needed to write her story. 

I took my time going to writers' conferences and sending my chapters through critique groups. What amazed me was that the dream (I know, totally cliche, I had that spurred me to write, ended up in the second book, Protected, right near the end. Here's a hint...it's the country club scene).

Now that the trilogy is complete, I've completed another Christy novel, Adrenaline Rush. It stars Christy as her new self - the one she becomes at the end of Created, book three in the trilogy. It will be released this October.

I'm about 1/2 way through a second in that series. Right now I'm calling it Brooklyn, New York, but that will most likely change.

I've also written a mystery called Gravediggers. It was super hard for me to write since my other 5 books are all suspense novels, but I love it.

Finally, I'm working on a serial called Confessions of a Sixteen-Year-Old Virgin Lips. It is structured like a TV series. One episode of about 50 pages (as a an eBook) will come out every other week, starting at the end of June. It will have 6 episodes. It's a lot of fun.

Hands down, the greatest challenge in writing is editing. Even though you know it will make your book better, it's such a drag. I always want to move on to other projects when I get into the nitty-gritty editing phase.

Yay! Sounds like you've got a whole bunch of goodies planned for us. How cool :)

Do you want to another cool thing? Cindy is about to release the Watched series as a trilogy set - May 30th!!

Here's a little about the books...

When Christy witnesses the brutal murder of a senator's aide, she becomes the target of the terrorists, the focus of the FBI and two seriously hot guys. The FBI fails to keep her safe and she ends up in witness protection, far away from everything she knows and loves. Her new identity is compromised and she is sent to Belgium where she is confronted with a life-altering choice: she must decide who it is she wants to become: A normal 17-year-old college student or a spy.


You can find the books on:
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Audio - Just released!

You can connect with Cindy online:
Facebook
Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment