Thursday, January 30, 2014

The January Awesomeness Award

This year I wanted to initiate a monthly award. Writing, blogging, editing, designing, promoting - it's all hard work and takes talent. So this monthly award is just a way for me to highlight excellence among the myriad of people I see online everyday.



So - I would like to dedicate January's Award to two very talented people.

Firstly - Kate Strawbridge of Dwell, Design and Press who put together the stunning cover for True Colors. Not only that she has also put together some amazing promo graphics that will start appearing in the three weeks leading up to the book's release. Kate worked tirelessly on this project, taking suggestions from both myself and the publisher (Margery from Evatopia Press). Working with her was a total pleasure and I look forward to future projects :D


The second person I want to highlight is Heidi McLaughlin. She will be visiting YAlicious later this year, but for today, I wanted to give her this award, because her books have held me captive this week. The Beaumont Series drew me into a rock and roll world tempered by the down to earth love of small town women. The romance is sweet, yet sizzling and the characters are easy to fall in love with.


Well done ladies for being the first winners of the YAlicious Awesomeness Award. You definitely deserve it.

If you know anyone who deserves to be nominated for excellence in this industry, please comment below. This is your chance to give a shout out to the people who have earned a little praise.



2 comments:

  1. The book cover is wonderful! Congrats to you and Dwell Design and Press.

    ReplyDelete